Canyonleigh’s Rural Bush Fire Brigade includes an experienced and dedicated upper echelon of Captains and Deputy Captains (past and present) together with a core of dedicated members. We have over 20 active members and a total membership in excess of 40 members.
- Captain: Brett Bannerman
- Senior Deputy Captain: Mark Pearson (also past Canyonleigh Captain)
- Deputy Captain: Peter Attreed (also past Canyonleigh Captain)
- Deputy Captain: Robyn Wilson (previous Captain at Wilton)
- President: Adam Stefaniuk
- Treasurer: Claudia Douglas
- Secretary: Terry Biscoe
- Community Safety Officers: Frances Crown
- WHS Officer: Greg Hook
- Equipment Officer: Jeff Cohen
- First Aid Officer: Lindsay Fowler
Click here to access AGM Minutes 2018
Our equipment & facilities
The Canyonleigh Bush Fire Brigade operates two fire trucks: Cat 1 and Cat 7. These are housed in the brigade’s fire shed which features a meeting/conference area, office, bathrooms, kitchen and general training areas internally and externally.
The brigade members (with assistance from the community) installed three over-head rapid-fill stations in its shed. This allows for trucks to quickly and efficiently refill with water without having to attach any drafting hoses or pump operation.
The brigade, with the assistance of federal and state funding, also installed four large concrete tanks in strategically located areas of Canyonleigh as water sources in times of emergency.